Public Works Department
1. Must have a High School Diploma, or GED.
2. Must have experience operating various heavy equipment including grader,
dozer, loader, backhoe, excavator, dump truck, etc.; basic knowledge of heavy
equipment maintenance and repair preferred.
3. Must be able to take orders and have ability to work effectively with the public
and subordinates with minimal supervision.
4. Ability to work effectively under strict time lines and/or emergency situations.
5. Must possess strong organizational and time management skills.
6. Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
7. Must be available for on-call work schedule.
8. Ability to lift 70 pounds.
9. Must have a current Alaska Commercial Driverís License.
10. Subject to pre-employment D.O.T. drug testing.
11. Knowledge of asphalt road repair and maintenance preferred.
1. Work as operator with all City equipment, schedule and prioritize all maintenance and repair of City streets, roads and right-of-ways.
2. Submit required purchasing for Streets Department to Public Works Director.
3. Work on a variety of City projects, as necessary.
4. Perform and/or assume other job or work related duties as assigned.
Salary: $20.00 - $26.00 D.O.E.
Immediate Supervisor: Public Works Director
Positions Supervised: None
Opening Date: October 15, 2007
Closing Date: When filled
Interested persons should submit an application or resume to:
City of Kotzebue
PO Box 46
Kotzebue, AK 99752
The City of Kotzebue is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- City of Kotzebue Main Page ∑
Public Works -