1. Must have a High School Diploma, GED, or vocation/technical training.
2. Three years secretarial experience preferred.
3. Computer experience in word-processing, spreadsheets, and databases in a variety of software.
4. Excellent keyboarding skills.
5. Experience scheduling travel preferred.
6. Strong organizational skills.
7. Able to work independently.
8. Must be a United States citizen.
9. Possess or be capable of obtaining an Alaskan drivers license.
10. Must display the ability to relate to the citizens, fellow workers, and supervisors of the community.
11. Must be able to exercise sound and reasonable judgment in everyday working decision making.
JOB GOAL: To assure the smooth and efficient operation of the office so that the maximum positive impact of the office can be realized.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES: The usual office routines and practices associated with a busy, yet productive and efficient, office; does work of a confidential nature and relieves supervisor of designated administrative details; types letters, lists, reports, and inter-office communication; sets up and maintains accurate and up-to-date files of correspondence, reports, travel and other department related information; gathers data and keeps records for preparing reports and other necessary documents; prepares requisitions for ordering supplies to operate the department; maintains accurate physical property inventory; welcomes visitors, arranges for their comfort and screens unexpected callers, answers telephone, screens calls and handles minor problems as appropriate; prepares all travel arrangements and itineraries; composes correspondence; prepares reports and other documents as needed; distributes correspondence through regular and inter-office mail, gathers, stamps and routes incoming and outgoing mail; operates standard office machines as necessary; promotes positive community relations through effective communication with the public, departmental staff and allied agencies; assist Correctional Officers with same-gender prisoner searches as needed; and performs other duties as assigned.
HOURLY RATE: $18.60 per hour REGULAR/FULL-TIME POSITION
OPENING DATE: October 4, 2007 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
Interested persons should submit an Application for Employment and a resume (to include at least three (3) current references, including one from most recent employer) to City of Kotzebue, P.O. Box 46, Kotzebue, Alaska 99752 prior to closing date.
THE CITY OF KOTZEBUE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- KPD Main Page ·
Kotzebue Regional Jail Facility -
Department Personnel -
Reserve Police Program -
- Law Enforcement Sites - Kotzebue Links -