Kotzebue Police Department
1. Must have a High School Diploma, or GED.
2. Must be 21 years of age, in good physical and mental condition, and with good moral character.
3. Must be a citizen of the United States.
4. Possess or be capable of obtaining an Alaska Drivers License.
5. Must display the ability to relate to the citizens, fellow workers and supervisors of the community.
6. Must be able to exercise sound and reasonable judgment in everyday working decision making.
7. Will be subject to an extensive background investigation, to include truth verification tests, psychological exam, and upon offer of employment, medical exam.
8. Applicant that has passed the Police Academy for the State of Alaska will be considered at a higher rate of pay.
9. Applicant must meet any other minimal standards for police officer as set out in 13AAC 85.010.
10. Complete testing/assessment components as required.
1. Enforcement of all City ordinances, State codes, laws and statutes, and applicable Federal laws.
2. Safeguard lives and property for citizens of the City of Kotzebue.
3. The observance and identification of suspicious and/or dangerous persons.
4. The timely completion of reports and/or service requests.
5. The maintenance and care of all equipment issued to or used by the department personnel.
6. Perform and/or assume other job or work related duties as assigned.
Salary: $22.32/hr. + D.O.E.
Immediate Supervisor: Police Sergeant
Positions Supervised: None
Opening Date: March, 2011
Interested persons should submit an Alaska Police Standards Form F-3 found here
Closing Date: Open until Filled
, including 2 sets of fingerprints, an application/resume, copy of Birth Certificate, and copy of 2 pieces of ID - one with a picture to:
City of Kotzebue
PO Box 46
Kotzebue, AK 99752
The City of Kotzebue is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- KPD Main Page ·
Kotzebue Regional Jail Facility -
Department Personnel -
Reserve Police Program -
Law Enforcement Sites -
Kotzebue Links -