Training/Education/Experience: Major crimes casework and assignments, investigatory education and training, crime scene technician/evidence collection experience, requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform complex tasks, investigations and detail oriented job tasks.
1. Must have a High School Diploma, or GED.
2. Must be 21 years of age, in good physical and mental condition, and with good moral character.
3. Must be a citizen of the United States.
4. Possess or be capable of obtaining an Alaska Drivers License.
5. Applicant should possess a combination of education, training and experience appropriate to the position.
6. Applicant should possess advanced knowledge and skill in evidence collection and interviewing.
7. Applicant should be eligible for an Intermediate Police Officer certificate from the Alaska Police Standards Council and must be bond-able and possess a valid drivers license.
8. Applicant must meet any other minimal standards for police officer as set out in 13AAC 85.010.
9. Complete testing/assessment components as required.
1. When manpower needs dictate, the Investigator also augments the patrol force and responds to calls for assistance by the public.
2. Interpret laws, especially those pertaining to search and seizure.
3. Arrest offenders and violators of the law.
4. Investigate crimes against persons and property.
5. Locate and interview witnesses, collect evidence and write detailed reports accurately describing an incident or crime.
6. Investigate juvenile crimes.
7. Apply to court for arrest warrants and court summons.
8. Apply for and testify before the court to obtain search warrants.
Salary: $29.50/hr. + D.O.E.
Immediate Supervisor: Police Captain
Positions Supervised: None
Opening Date: March, 2011
Closing Date: Open until Filled
City of Kotzebue
PO Box 46
Kotzebue, AK 99752
The City of Kotzebue is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- KPD Main Page ·
Kotzebue Regional Jail Facility -
Department Personnel -
Reserve Police Program -
- Law Enforcement Sites - Kotzebue Links -