1. Bachelorís Degree in Accounting or Equivalent in experience.
2. A minimum of two (2) years experience in municipal government accounting preferred.
3. Three years supervisory experience. Bush experience preferred.
4. Ability to work effectively with the public, private corporations and representatives of local, State and Federal agencies.
5. Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
6. Ability to work effectively in pressure situations and in a cross-cultural environment.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
8. Must have a valid Alaska Drivers License, or obtain an Alaska Drivers License within 90 days of hiring.
1. Prepare monthly financial statements.
2. Prepare and administrate the Cityís annual budget and amendments for all funds and grants.
3. Provide administrative supervision for the Finance Department.
4. Approve purchase orders for all departments according to existing appropriations.
5. Approve all check requests prior to processing by Accounts Payable.
6. Prepare and administrate pay requests for all federal and state grants, working closely with granting agencies.
7. Provide administrative supervision for the Cityís investments.
8. Implement audit controls according to the latest auditing standards.
9. Work closely with external auditors in preparation of the annual audit.
10. Perform and/or assume other job or work related duties as assigned by the City Manager.
Salary: COMPETITIVE, DOQ
Opening Date: December 26, 2007
Closing Date: Position Open until filled
City of Kotzebue
PO Box 46
Kotzebue, AK 99752
The City of Kotzebue is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Kotzebue Main Page -
Department Personnel -
Kotzebue Links -