ENGINEER IN TRAINING
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: City Engineer
SUPERVSION EXERCISED: May exercise general supervision over temporary or other
staff as needed and assigned.
GENERAL PURPOSE: Performs engineering work in the provisions of office engineering
support and field engineering support for environmental, water, sewer, street, and other Public Works projects and programs.
DUTIES: Coordinates and/or undertakes the development of City planning
documents including the Comprehensive Sewer Plan, Comprehensive Water Plan,
and the Capital Improvement Plan. Coordinates the preparation of or develops, engineering
plans and specifications, coordinates required advertising for bids, reviews proposals
and construction bids. Provides construction administration and inspection services
for public works projects. Prepares or develops, reviews and updates, the sanitary
sewer, water, storm drainage, and street system maps, databases, and comprehensive plans.
Maintains the engineering library and infrastructure records. Maintains as-built records
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in civil engineering or a closely related field.
2. Minimum of 1 year of previous professional civil engineering experience, preferably with public works or infrastructure development projects.
3. Training and/or experience with AutoCAD/Softdesk drafting and design software.
4. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with employees, consultants, other governmental agency representatives, City officials and the general public.
5. Ability to conduct necessary engineering research and compose comprehensive reports.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Personal computer, including word processing, spreadsheet, database
and computer-aided drafting software; standard drafting tools; surveying equipment including level, theodolite and electronic distance measuring equipment.
OPENING DATE: Sept. 21, 2000
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
INTERESTED PERSONS SHOULD SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION OR RESUME TO CITY HALL, CITY OF KOTZEBUE
Phone: (907) 442-3401
Fax: (907) 442-3742
THE CITY OF KOTZEBUE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted: September 21, 2000