CITY MANAGER – CITY OF KOTZEBUE
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: City Council
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: 70 - 80
EDUCATION: Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Public Administration, Economic, Community Planning or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Minimum of five years Municipal Management experience or five years as a Chief Administrative Officer or Chief Executive Officer.
2. Familiarity with budget preparation.
3. Capital Project Coordination.
4. Municipal utility management.
5. Ordinance development.
6. State and Federal grant programs.
7. Alaska Statutes and personnel management.
8. Bush experience preferred.
9. Participatory management style preferred.
The City Manager shall be the executive and administrative officer for the City and shall:
1. Appoint, suspend or remove by written order City employees and administrative officers, except for the City Clerk and the City Attorney.
2. Supervise enforcement of law.
3. Execute the budget and capital programs as adopted.
4. Make monthly financial reports to Council on City finances and operations.
5. Report to the end of each fiscal year on the finances and administrative activities of the City.
6. Prepare and make available for public distribution, an annual report on City affairs.
7. Serve as City Personnel Officer unless the Council authorized him/her to appoint a personnel officer.
8. Execute other powers and duties specified in Alaska Statutes Title 29 or lawfully prescribed by the Council.
9. Direct the care and custody of all municipal property.
10. Coordinate municipal construction, maintenance and operation of municipal public works.
11. Subject to Council approval, have the power to assign additional functions or duties to officers, departments or agencies established by ordinance and likewise transfer functions or duties from one such office, department or agency to another.
12. Coordinate the water, sewer and garbage distribution utilities and other such municipal services.
13. Perform and/or assume other job or work related duties as assigned.
OPENING DATE: April, 2001
CLOSING DATE: JUNE 1, 2001
INTERESTED PERSONS SHOULD SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION OR RESUME TO CITY HALL, CITY OF KOTZEBUE
Phone: (907) 442-3401
Fax: (907) 442-3742
PLEASE SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND APPLICATION OR RESUME BY JUNE 1ST TO:
CITY OF KOTZEBUE, ATTN: PATSY SMITH, P.O. BOX 46, KOTZEBUE, AK 99752.
PHONE: (907) 442-3401 FAX: (907) 442-3742 EMAIL: Patsy Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
THE CITY OF KOTZEBUE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posted on Web: May 26, 2001